Monday, December 13, 2010

White Gate


This is for Rookie Painter, December 2010. It's oil on 6x8" canvas board.

This month's challenge is a big red house. (ref photo) I just couldn't get myself to paint the big red house since it seemed a bit too blockish to me. I decided I was going to do a crop, and this corner of the picture had more shapes and contrasting elements.

The color I used included cadmium red, cadmium orange, cadmium yellow, lemon yellow, yellow orchre, vermillion, alizarin, ultramarine violet, ultramarine blue, sap green, viridian, radiant violet, sepia, and white.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the crop Rebecca,makes it an awesome composition.The light and shadows too are very well painted.Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I was also captivated by this part of the image. But I just couldn't seem to find a crop I liked. You got it!! I love this painting, it says so much. Like "come on it" and "welcome" - not to mention it makes me wonder what is behind that white gate. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rebecca great crop .i love your painting.

    ReplyDelete