Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Liverpool Youthful Spirits

This is for Virtual Paintout 2014 April Liverpool challenge. It's oil on 10x14 canvas panel.

While randomly traveling in Liverpool, I saw this young couple who apparently saw the Google map camera, and were chasing after it. I thought this particular frame (ref) best captured the youthful spirits, in particular the girl. The marshland around the Ribble Estuary National Nature Reserve is also interesting, along with the perspective element of the bridge.

Once I started painting, I realized there were a bit too many elements to fit into this little painting. I got it to a point where the essence of the scene, the light, perspective and youthful feel were captured, I stopped. It was tempting to make all the lines perfect et al, but it was time to move on to the next painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment