Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bonne Nuit Beach, Jersey, UK

This is for July 2011, Virtual Paintout, Jersey UK challenge. It's oil on 11x14 canvas panel.


Since I've never been to this part of Europe, I just randomly checked out the north shore of the island of Jersey off the coast of France, and dropped the yellow man in google maps, and viola, I saw this nice bay scene. (ref photo) The sky, the ocean, the beach, and mountain, makes this scene beautiful landscape material. In addition, this scene also reminded me one of Ray Ellis' paintings. The colors I used included cobalt blue, cerulean blue, sap green, van dyke brown, cadmium yellow, cadmium yellow deep, yellow orchre, ultramarine violet and white. I also kept the strokes relatively large and loose. In addition, I took out shrubs from the originaly photo so to see more of the beach.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the variety of greens in the landscape and the gorgeous clean blues in the ocean and sky. :o)

    ReplyDelete