Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We Are So Tired


This is for Virtual Paintout August 2011 Fairbank Alaska challenge. It's oil on 12x12 canvas panel.

While browsing through all the endless tress and big skies in Alaska, I came upon these three people cross-country skiing on wheels (ref photo) (not sure what to call this sport, cross country roller skating? cross country skiing on land? roller skating on skis?) In any case, I looked at these three people on Google Maps for many frames, and they didn't move much. The front two guys held that bent down I'm-out-of-breath position for a long time. This scene caught my eyes because I thought if I were brave enough to do something like this, I would be exactly like them - completely out of breath and so tired.

The main colors for this included permanent green light, lemon yellow, cadmium yellow, sap green, Portland grey, Paynes grey, cerulean, ultramarine violet and blue, alizarin and white. I also added in more sunlight coming through from the trees as much of the picture is in the tree shadow.

2 comments:

  1. You found a great spot to paint. Love it, you do such a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured the moment just right Rebecca. Love it.

    ReplyDelete