Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Acropolis Museum Two Horse Riders

This is for Virtual Painout July 2014 Greece challenge. It's water color on 7x10in Arche paper.

Greece is a very interesting place to travel virtually. I was looking around in Athens, and realized that the Acropolis Museum also has Google street view. I visited the museum virtually and decided to try to paint this wall sculpture with two horse riders. (Ref

This summer with all the travels I'm doing, I decided I would bring water color with me, instead of oil. Water color is easier to travel with. I bought some new brushes and paper from Blicks when I was in Boston. This wall sculpture I thought would be well suited for water color, and I also deepened the shadows to make the horses and horsemen pop out even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment