Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bay Water


Sometime in January 2010, I discovered that there were a number of painting challenges on the internet. There are so many good artists doing these challenges. As they said the challenges are open to all levels, I figure I would give it a try. I thought it would be interesting to see how the same picture would be interpreted so differently through different pairs of eyes and artistic senses.

The first one I did, Bay Water, was for January 2010 Word Press Challenge, done with oil paint on 9.5"x12.5" paper. It was a bit tricky to capture waves coming ashore, and sunlight reflecting from the waves, and showing clear water all at the same time. This picture looks better when viewed from far away then close up. (This means I will keep painting water until they look good both from near and far!)

1 comment: