Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sun Moon Lake Water


We visited Taiwan in December 2009, and Sun Moon Lake was one of the places we visited. The mountains surrounding lake looks like they came straight out from a Chinese brushing painting landscape scene. One of the pictures I took was the gentle rippling of the lake reflecting morning sunlight. I thought it would be cool to try to paint it. It's oil on 9.5"x12.5" paper.

This picture also reminds me of an artist Clifford Smith, whose ocean wave paintings we saw in a gallery on Martha's Vineyard a few years ago. We were so awe struck by the simplicity of his paintings, yet so mesmerizing. My husband almost bought one of his paintings, but they were so pricy. So everytime we go back to the Vineyard, we try to visit the same gallery. Now it also gives me more incentive to practice painting the water!

1 comment: