Saturday, June 16, 2012

Old Barn


This is for A Day Not Wasted June 2012 challenge. It's oil on 12x14 canvas panel.

Since I procrastinated for the last month's challenge, I decided to do this challenge a little earlier. The reference photo is actually quite nice (ref), with good color, and nice contrast between light and dark. 

It's quite obvious from the photo that the main color theme would be blue vs orange, with the dry grass in the foreground having orange tone. I prepared the whole canvas first with a layer of yellow orchre. The background sky, mountain, trees, and orange color dry grass were painted with thin paint. The old barn and the foreground grass were done with thicker paint using palette knives.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rebecca:) Your version of the challenge is very beautiful. I love the colors in the foreground and the orange in the field. Your barn is exellent! Great job on the whole painting. My compliments!!

    ReplyDelete